Back in the land of Thai. It took a very, very long day yesterday to get here. The patience comes in because we traveled all day in the most uncomfortable of vehicles and seats just to get to Bangkok, where we checked into a guest house and the bed was for surely made of plywood. I didn't take the sheet off, but there was no give in the bed. What i would have given for a bed at Camano. But I fell asleep pretty quickly. Actually, this morning we left Bangkok and flew to Chiang Mai. I've been here about 2 hours and I love it already. I had my first real Phad Thai here for only $1 and and iced coffee for $1. Very, very good.
Tomorrow is "mother's day" which means it is the queen mother's birthday. Most shops will be closed so Megan and I decided to take a one day trip to the long neck tribes and ride on elephants. Two of my things checked on my list.
I think i will enjoy this city way more than Camboida.
In Cambodia they won't take no for an answer. They want to give you a taxi ride, they want you to give them your water bottle that you just bought, they want to have you buy their bracelets, their water, their t-shirt, or their baby. No matter how many times you say no they still offer. At the border, one man started laughing at me because all i said was "no". How rude.
Patience is a virtue.
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment